The easing of lockdown rules is coinciding with the most beautiful weather.
To most of us Brightonians, this is our cue to head out to the beach and enjoy the sunshine after 10 weeks of staying mostly indoors.
Catching up with friends and loved ones you haven’t physically seen in what feels like forever.
Feeling the warmth of the sun on your face, the sea breeze gently cooling your skin.
Life is good and the only thing on your mind is that seagull trying to steal your chips.
Or is it…
The seafront is noticeably busier than it has been since lockdown started. The promenade is not wide enough to allow the space needed for people to pass each other with a comfortable distance between them.
We are in this weird situation where we are desperate for things to get back to normal, but at the same time we’re worried about what the future might bring.
Too many questions
There are still too many questions that need answering before we can comfortably get on with our lives again.
- What are the rules?
- Are we following the rules properly or are we putting ourselves and others at risk without knowing it?
- What if there is a second wave of infections and lockdown will have to start all over again?
- Apart from the implications to our health, the health of our loved ones, our jobs, our income. How will it affect our mental health?
- Can we endure another lockdown?
- Are we mentally resilient enough?
Until these questions are answered we remain in a kind of limbo.
Life has changed
Life as we know it has changed.
Our sense of safety has changed.
Our coping strategies have changed.
What do we do now?
Now, more than ever, we need to strengthen ourselves mentally.
- Take this opportunity to become stronger and more resilient.
- Create new coping strategies or discover a new appreciation for our old ones.
- Become aware of what our basic needs are to be happy.
We are stronger together
None of us have to go through this alone, even though we might feel isolated right now.
We can still connect with each other at a safe distance through the wonders of technology.
Let’s find comfort in knowing that we are stronger together.
Join the club
Join us for a free group meditation on Zoom, every Monday at 8.30pm.
Allow yourself 40 minutes to clear your mind of our lockdown woes for a stress-free start of the week ahead.
Simply get in touch for your login details.